Davenport Machine Operator Class A
A Davenport Machine Operator Class A will operate one or more multi-spindle cam controlled machines. Mechanical aptitude is required to monitor machinery for problems and repair. Checking parts, following work order instructions and working with the team to produce quality parts are required for this position.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Operates two or more machines with out Supervision.
- Ability to perform layouts
- Able to quote and job and work with the estimating department
- Understand how to read a work order and properly fill out all information.
- Monitor quality of parts being produced.
- Inspect part produced after set-ups using precision measuring tools including micrometers, and calipers.
- Ensure parts produced meet standards defined in work orders and blue prints.
- Basic machine maintenance, such as lubricating and monitoring for signs of unusual conditions.
- Read, understand and interpret engineering drawings and how to measure according to print.
- Able to indentify different materials.
- Learn how to dispose of coolants, oil, material and scrap.
- Able to turn on and off machine.
- Able to change out cams and collets.
- Understanding multi position operations.
- Able to grind and replace inserts and drills.
- Able to read and understand layout sheets.
- Ability to troubleshoot tools and make adjustments.
- Able to replace tools and know what tools to order.
- Basic knowledge and demonstrated skills in mechanics and mechanical procedures.
- Work in a safe and professional manner, keeping a clean work area and wearing proper protective equipment.
- Cooperation with supervisor and co-workers, willing to work as a team.
- Show by example: temperament, professionalism and teamwork.
- Timely arrival and regular attendance at work.
- Willing to work overtime.
- Willing to work any shift.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This position has minimal supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- 3+ years experience required
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years experience required.
- The ability to read, write and speak the English language with comprehension skills sufficient to understand safety standards and job performance expectations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to interpret instructions which may be furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts oils and chemicals. Wearing a respirator is not required.
- The noise level in the environment is loud to very loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to balance, stand and walk. The employee will frequently use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, or grab; reach, push and pull with hands and arms. The employee occasionally is required to stoop, kneel and/or crouch. The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move 40 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.